20 Breathtaking Bonsai Trees That Will Inspire You
To grow a successful Bonsai, it takes a massive amount of discipline, time and patience. Unlike a typical plant which only requires daily watering and sunlight, each day a Bonsai grower must carefully shape a Bonsai’s branches with wire, strategically cut off buds to prevent new branches from forming, and reposition branches and leaves closer and farther from light to encourage growth. Bonsai artists have a long-term artistic vision and know every trim and bend will create permanent changes years down the line.
Bonsai Trees are much more than an everyday houseplant; they are meticulously crafted works of art. When you look at these trees be sure to recognize the amount of hard work, dedication, and patience that went into these beautiful plants.
1. Juniper Bonsai by Jose Luis Blasco PazBonsai Empire
2. Juniperus Chinensis Bonsai, by Peter EbenspergerBonsai Empire
3. Acer Buergerianum by Stanley ChinnLurvely
4. Juniperus Chinensis – Clemens MarsoBonsai – Living Art
5. Rosemary BonsaiAusbonsai
6. Juniper Bonsai Tree by Luis VilaBonsai Empire
7. Bonsai WisteriaThe Tao of Dana
8. Odori (The Dance)The Abbeville Blog
9. Fine Bonsai – Art and NatureThe Abbeville Blog
10. Pyracantha BonsaiBonsai Bark
11. Fine Bonsai – Art and NatureThe Abbeville Blog
12. Bonsai Indonesia
13. Flowering BonsaiAdela Parvu
14. Sargents JuniperAudubon Magazine
15. Juniper BonsaiPinned By Lenka Moore
16. Goshin – Protector of the Spirits by John NakaBonsai Empire
17. Blooming BonsaiThe Kimono Gallery
18. Chinese JuniperThe Star Online
19. Crazy Bonsai TreeLloydVincent on Flickr
20. Sierra Juniper by Roy Nagatoshi and Dan RobinsonBonsai Otaku
Bonsai has always held a warm spot in my heart, even though I have never found much success with them. I admire and respect anyone who has the discipline to grow a Bonsai tree and some day I will get back on the horse and try growing one again.